Monday, November 19, 2007

Week 9: #22 Downloadable Media

Positives: Wowio, LibriVox and HCPL are easy user-friendly. I prefer HCPL because it's just like an extension or more features with my library card. Again, this technology is great for providinig books and music free of charge.

Negatives: I found all 3 somewhat lacking in choice. I did not find many classic titles, by such authors as Rafael Sabatini, who had only 1 book available. For my particular interests, I did not find anything to download. International ,and other cultures (Native American, African American) music and book selections don't seem well represented - at least my choices are not here. I do wonder what "the most popular" means - it all depends on the does the choosing or rating; and the availablity, of course.

No comments: